Activate’s team takes action on a variety of animal welfare and conservation issues, both for Born Free and for other animal organisations whose work they support. Every four months, you will receive details about a new challenge and with Born Free’s help send personal letters or e-mails to the relevant decision-makers.
Recent Activate successes include:
- stopping the export of wild-caught elephants from Borneo to Japan
- stopping the use of live lion cubs in Disneyland Paris parades
- stopping the ‘Drunken Monkey’ UK TV adverts using infant chimps
- stopping the use of lion and tiger cubs for tourist photos in a Spanish theme park
- stopping Veda the elephant being sent from India to an Armenian zoo
- stopping the construction of a new oil terminus which would have damaged Siberian tiger habitat
Please visit the Activate web page for further details, including how to become part of the team. Thank you.